One week down at school and many more to go. Abby had a good time at school. She read books, played on her belly, pooped enough to have her clothes changed a couple of times, made bunny ears with her painted feet, listed to a musician sing songs, and held hands and stared at Cayden, (her new classmate, and boyfriend evidently, but Dad doesn't like the boyfriend title at all). Her teachers tell us that she throws the best fits too. The two other little boy babies have nothing on Abby - she just drowns them out with her well developed vocal cords and "I already know what I like and don't like attitude".
Bob and I did okay with Abby being at daycare too. I try to go at lunch to feed her as many days as possible, so that helps to be able to see her during the day. It's certainly not easy and a lot of work when you get home in the evening trying to eat dinner, spend time with Abby and keep the house in somewhat of an order, get ready for the next day, and then get to bed at a decent hour. Hopefully it gets easier as we get into the swing of things.
3 comments:
I absolutely LOVED the St. Patty's day story about her first day. Great stuff!
Hope you guys are hanging in there. The first week is tough getting adjusted, then it gets easier for a few weeks because you figure out a routine and it works, and then it gets really hard because you realize this is your 'life' going forward and you question your decision, etc. Just keep hanging in there and don't give up. You will feel every range of emotion, with a lot of guilt, but I can attest that as we now are seeing the oldest 'emerge' from daycare and head to kindergarten in the fall, we made the right decision. He is a happy child and many of the people who have cared for him over the years love him dearly and are almost family to us.
Abby is a cutie and you guys are doing such a good job keeping up with the blog. You are going to be sooooo happy you have this blog. My only regret from these years is that I didn't write a whole bunch of things down, and unfortunately, I am not going to remember as much as I would like.
Keep the pictures and stories coming. I can't wait to see her again. Hopefully we will get to see her somehow in May. Katie is going to just adore her, since she is now entering her fascination with babies stage...
Wow, Abby looks a lot like Steph's baby picture. Until now, I couldn't figure out who she looked like but I definitely think she looks like Steph.
Hang in there. Once you get a routine down, it isn't that bad. It sounds like your day care is great! You will be so glad when Abby gets a little older because you will be amazed at how much she will learn being around other kids. And I have to agree with Patti about kindergarten readiness. Jorge is not going to have any problems at all transitioning.
Keep the pictures coming!
easier, eh? HA!!@#$%!!
Post a Comment