Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ever Have That Dream....

...where you showed up at school naked?



I dreamed I was at the library trying to find my favorite Dr. Seuss works, specifically "One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish", when all of the sudden I realized I was nude.


Naturally, I was terrified. You see, I have this complex about my butt crack. Quite frankly, its long. One of the boys at day care saw it creeping out of my diaper and called me the "...poster girl for crack..." and jokes, " the Nile is not just a river in Egypt - its in Abby's diaper!!!" I am hoping to grow into my butt crack.

Regardless....I woke up very upset. I got dressed and tried to calm myself. It was hard though. On top of the bad dream, the lotion wasn't in the basket. Instead, it was sitting haphazardly on the floor. We all know where the lotion is supposed to be (basket).













Mom was taking me in that morning and I was feeling a little funny from the dream. Something about waking up in a fright I guess. I started doing silly things to get Mom's attention. I needed to be nurtured...I was feeling very vulnerable. She seemed to ignore me until I dern near swallowed a sock. The things I need to do to get noticed around here, sheesh!!





By dinner time, things had calmed down. I had a nice day at school. I wasn't naked. And I had some good play time with Mom and Dad. To show my appreciation, I tried to appease Mom by eating all my vegatables. Problem is, I'm not a huge pea and carrot fan. Don't get me wrong, they're good once in awhile. But three days in a row? I started hiding the food I didn't want to eat, totally forgetting that Dad would take my tray away when we were done with dinner.

Busted!!






They must not have been too mad, because they let me crawl up the steps after dinner. In this shot, I was distracting Mommy from my intentions to hit the stairs by making a cute pose. Side note: notice Dad in the background and his posture. A lot of times, Mom complains I slouch. Nah, baby. I'm just exercising what the kids call a "gangsta lean". Dad taught me all I know - he's a pretty sweet dude.








By bedtime, I was ready to get a book to read to Mom and Dad. They're learning so fast - its amazing how much they pick up at their age.

Ahhh...pajamas...no nightmare tonight!

1 comment:

Shelly & Rob said...

Hilarous! I love the story! I'm always anxious to see what you guys have posted. You make it so entertaining! Abby is getting so big! She is going to be walking before you know it!

Shelly