Saturday, August 16, 2008

Another Level of Responsibility

In the first 6 months of being parents, we learned a great deal about responsibility and putting another life ahead of ours. Any parent can tell you the pitfalls of the Greatest Life Experience: less sleep, worrying, frustration, more worrying, and even less sleep. (Benefits far outweigh these pitfalls...and we know it just gets better with time.)

Mid-July, Abby presented us with another level of worry. Where in the first 6 months we could set Abigail on the floor and have a minute or two before we knew she could get herself into trouble - she eliminated that margin of comfort when she began crawling. I don't want to use the term "prisoner" because of negative connotation - but it is safe to say we now have entered a new realm of responsibility.




Its made changing diapers a heck of a time!




Since she is crawling relatively early (and I continue to preach how advanced our daughter is) - I am very confident she will be potty-trained within the next 7 weeks.

She already has a sound relationship with toilet paper.




We just need to educate her that it is not an accessory.

2 comments:

Shelly & Rob said...

Wow, I can't believe she is crawling! It's amazing how fast time goes by. You have entered another realm of busy! She's a doll and I can't wait to see you guys again!

Patti said...

If she is moving that much, don't wait on my gates...as a mom who has to confess two serious toddler falls all the way down the steps, don't think you can keep your eye on her, you can't. The sound of them bumping all the way down the steps with small yelps coming out as the wind is knocked out of them is a sound/visual image you won't forget...ever! great that she is moving around, but then again, she is going to keep you all busy! She is such a cutie. I can't wait for her to really be able to interact with her cousins. Katie and Joe need some buddies.