Friday, February 29, 2008

Sometimes I think Abby has too many clothes, and then...

she poops 3 times in one hour and gets all her clothes dirty. That's been our big excitement today - playing dress up to see how many outfits she can wear in an hour. Maybe she's trying to teach me a lesson because I didn't put her in a swaddle for bed last night. I put her in a sleepsack instead. For about a week Abby's been turning herself perpendicular and moving all around the crib at night. We move her back each time, but she continues to turn herself around. It can't feel good to hit your legs and feet on the railing! We thought a sleepsack might help. Last night she didn't move too much, we'll see how long it lasts. Below is Abby as she is waking up perpendicular in the crib with her fists out of her swaddle.





Abby's been doing a good job with belly time and sometimes even seems to like it. She's talking a lot, laughing at Bob, sucking her hand, and holding onto blankets, burp cloths and some of her toys. Here's Abby with her new friend Inchy the Inchworm.



I only have 2 more weeks off work and it's setting in. Today after Abby's mid morning feeding she fell asleep immediately in my arms and started making those wonderful baby moans and faces; and I realized how much I'm going to miss our cuddle time after all of her feedings. Soon her teacher at the daycare will get to enjoy cuddle time too, but I'm feeling a little selfish and would rather keep them to myself. I'm trying not to get to nervous or paranoid about daycare (i.e. think "how will the teacher know how she wants to be held and walked around") until I go and visit and meet the teacher and see how it operates. We'll be visiting the daycare next week, so I'll let you know how it goes.

In the meantime, here are a few more pictures of Abby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Abby is sooooo very cute. She is growing like a little weed! Can't wait to see her again!