Around the time Abby was dining on her delectable lower digits, she somehow figured out how to roll on to her belly. It was as if something clicked...because for weeks I was beginning to think she was an owl. She got her head almost all the way around, but her body wasn't following. Then all of the sudden in between bites of her feet, she flipped right on to her belly. We'd turn her back over and she would quickly repeat.
After our first doctor visit, we were warned about not giving her enough belly time. So we became Belly Time Nazis. She took to it quite well. And now that she can get there on her own, she enjoys it.
Only problem is, I think she forgot how to roll back over on to her back.
Now when she's on her belly, Abby's been getting her legs underneath her and pushing. We're not crawling yet by any means...but I think she's trying to figure it out. Don't know if we're ready for it - but I imagine Abby could be getting self-conscious and trying to exercise - her thighs are enormous. At doctor visits they give you the stats, "...95th percentile weight, 85th height, 80th head size...". I would be more interested in her cheek and thigh measurements - because some of her pants are a bear to get over the gigantic thighs.
The cheeks we already knew about. Her head isn't terribly big as I thought it might be. But onesies are still a challenge. Were the cheeks not so soft (and cute), all her shirt necks would be too stretched out to wear.
3 comments:
Hey guys, just getting back to checking since i found the link on shelly's page (just found hers again). She looks so different now! it is amazing how babies change in such a short time. it sounds like you guys are having a blast with her, which makes it all the better. don't fret about the percentiles, patrick and mary were off the charts too (patrick's head was 95%). she is just going to be tall. Mary is now as tall as most of the girls in Patrick's class, and is wearing some size 5 in girls (not 5T). Given Mary, Corey, and Cassie's height, Abby is probably going to be a basketball star. I hope you guys are able to make it up to Shelly's in a few weeks, since i would lvoe to spend time with Abby. Kids would love to see her too.
We're planning on being in Fort Wayne! Look forward to seeing everyone!
Hey Bob & Steph, I hope Stephanie enjoyed her Mother's Day. I can't believe how big Abby is getting! I can't wait to see her.
Post a Comment