Well, Abby's 6 weeks old - almost 7, and has had an exciting last couple of weeks - she was present at her first party - Auntie Keri's baby shower. She had her first bath in the baby bath tub and actually liked it, for awhile at least. Liking it was over when we let the mesh sling that helped support her body get too cold. I thought the bathtub would be nice to bathe babies, but I soon found out that using the bathtub, I (Steph) got just as wet as Abby did.
Abby even had her first "playdate" with her friends Cayden and Anna. Cayden and Abby laid on the floor looking at each other, drooling and making noises; while Anna ate and slept. Abby's bib is soaked with drool (and some spit up, of course), another new thing she's started.
Abby was lucky to get babysat by both sets of grandparents this week. Abby also played with her Aunt Shelly, Uncle Rob and cousins Jorge and Lucy this week. And the most exciting event of the week - Abby has started sleeping longer stretches at night. She's pretty much been a good night sleeper - sleeping about 4 - 5 hours before she wakes for her first nighttime feeding, but she stepped it up a notch this week - about 7 hours till she wakes for her first feeding! What's weird is that I don't think I'm getting any more sleep because I keep waking up and staying awake at her normal feeding time, just waiting for her to wake up with the desire to eat. Let's hope I stop that soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment